Hockey Puck Holder
Customer: JCI Products
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Industry: Sports Memorabilia
Customer Profile: Jeff Schonzeit, owner of a locksmith company, is also an entrepreneur who designed a product and wanted it brought to life.
The Idea: Create a wall mounted hockey puck holder for sale online and at the Let’s Play Hockey Expo in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Customer was seeking a plastic injection molding company to build tool and manufacture parts within budget constraints and a short lead time.
- Communicate by phone and email only for product design specifications.
- Finalize design, build the tool, and produce the product in time for the March 7th Expo – 47 days away!
How the Project Came Together:
- 1/3/12 – First email between Jeff and Midwest Plastics. Expo 47 workdays away.
- 1/18/12 – 40 emails and telephone calls finalizing design, discussing pricing, transferring paperwork. Expo 37 workdays away.
- 2/1/12 – Design to tool maker. Expo 27 workdays away.
- 2/17/12 – Jeff sends an email checking on the status of the tool inquiring if it is near completion. Expo 14 workdays away.
- 2/27/12 – Tool delivered to Midwest Plastics. Samples run and shipped overnight to Jeff for approval. Expo 8 workdays away.
- 2/28/12 – Jeff approves parts.
- 3/1/12 – Parts run and ready for pickup. Expo 5 workdays away.
- 3/7/12 – Jeff picks up parts from Midwest Plastics. Expo 1 day away.
Comments from Jeff:
I had a great experience with Midwest Plastics. My objective was to find an injection molding company that could produce my product for the right price within the time constraints specified. Tom Schaber provided great communication and put me at ease that my project would be completed accurately and on schedule. I was fortunate enough to visit their facility to pick up my product once completed. I was impressed with the size of their facility and how clean and organized they were. Since I was from out-of-state they even met me on Sunday take my excess product from the expo and prepare it for shipping back to Nevada. Without hesitation, I would highly recommend Midwest Plastics for any injection molding needs.